Access control card reader
The PRX-30/B Reader is a proximity card reader that can emulate both magnetic cards as well as bar code cards. In addition to reading cards from around 10 cm from the device, the PRX-30 also has a keyboard/keypad that can be used for inserting pin codes or identification numbers.
The PRX-30/B can operate in two modes, including key-by-key or with 4-character pin codes. In Wiegand/Magnetic emulation formats, for longer distance between the reader and the controller (3m+), it is recommended to use RS-422 wiring, 26AWG cable, and a 12V power supply.
Standard features include:
- Card presence LED indicators
- RF coupling of proximity card
- LED bi-color
- Bell button
- Output signal: negative logic
- Power supply: 3 to 14 Vdc @ 150mA
- Operating frequency: 125kHz
- Maximum range: 10 cm (4 in)
- 13x43x2 cm
- Performs well in temperatures between 5 to 50 degrees Celsius